Ethno-epic musical that reimagines and reinterprets Biag ni Lam-ang, LAM-ANG, will be streaming online on May 30.
The oldest among the folk epics of Luzon will be starred by JC. Santos. This epic is inspired by the published Ilocano version of Isabelo delos Reyes and tagalog translations of Angel Acaco and Ariel Tabag.
Lam-ang was staged last December 6-15, 2019 at the CCP Little Theater.
This also features:
- Anna Luna as Kannoyan
- Tex Ordonez-de Leon as Baglan
- Ybes Bagadiong as Tangguob
- Lance Reblando as Taraok
- Jonathan Tadioan as Gibuan
- Alvin Magahanoy as Batang Lam-ang
- Hazel Maranan as Namongan
- Remus Villanueva as Lokan
- Raflesia Bravo as Saridandan,
- Joshua Cabiladas as Gumakas
- Paw Castillo as Sumarang
- Karenina Ng as Unnayan
Lam-ang’s Production Staff:
- Eljay Castro Deldoc (new book and lyrics)
- Jen Darlene Torres (composer and lyrics)
- Fitz Edward Torres Bitana (who also serves as co-director)
- Marco Viaña (direction and set design)
- TJ Ramos (musical direction and sound design)
- JM Cabling (choreography)
- Bonsai Cielo (costume design)
- Meliton Roxas Jr. (lighting design)
Starting May 30 until June 30, you can watch the production over the iWant app and website and on Tanghalang Pilipino’s YouTube channel.
This production is part of iWant’s Pantawid ng Tanghalan, a fundraising project that aims to help Tanghalang Pilipino to continue in providing the public with artistic and socially relevant content.
You can donate through the channels below or through KTX:
• Tanghalang Pilipino Corporate Account
- Account Name: Tanghalang Pilipino Foundation Inc.
- Savings Account Number: 3131-0387-46
- Bank Branch: BPI – Harrison Plaza
• GCash Account (Handled by TP’s Admin Officer)
- Account Holder: Munera Garcia
- Number: 0915-5438933
• QR Code Bank Details (Tanghalang Pilipino’s Finance Officer)
- Account Name: Richelle Serna
- Savings Account Number: 4979-1150-52
- Bank Branch: BPI – Basillo, España