Chasing waterfalls is indeed one of the best hobbies any brave adventurer should experience.
Luckily, Cebu has no shortage when it comes to breathtaking waterfalls, particularly in the southern part. Samboan, a humble town in southern Cebu, boasts a variety of dazzling waterfalls and indeed, Dao Falls is one of the best.
Dao Falls’s unique magnificence makes it a perfect weekend destination. Visually stunning, not only your visual senses would surely be satisfied but as well as that much needed cold dip in fresh waters.
The trek towards the falls may be tricky and slippery but surely, it would be a rewarding one. Be noted that it would take at least 30 minutes to reach the cascade starting from the trailhead going to Barangay Suba.
Not only is Dao Falls considered the most beautiful in Samboan, but is also the tallest waterfall in the town, boasting an approximate height of 120 meters.
Rates & Other Information
- Entrance fee: ₱20 per person
- Tour guide: ₱100-200 per group (not required but recommended)
- Overnight stay / camping is not allowed.
- There is an available comfort room.
- Food and refreshments can be purchased at the registration area. The place can sometimes get crowded during peak seasons.
- Should you have any questions or concerns, you may contact the Samboan Municipal Office at (032) 479-4073.
How To Get There?
Exact location: Brgy. Suba, Samboan, southern Cebu — 3-4 hours away from the city.
BY BUS: From the Cebu South Bus Terminal, ride a bus bound to Bato/Liloan via Barili/Samboan and you can tell the driver to be dropped off at Dao Eskina. Estimated bus fare is ₱200.
Once you’re in Dao Eskina, you can take a tricycle or a habal-habal towards the trailhead. Fare is ₱20 per person for the both vehicles. Reaching the trailhead, you still have to trek for about half an hour to Dao Falls where you can pay the entrance fee. Be reminded that a tour guide, readily available for a tip-based rate, is required once you enter the premises.