Cebuano beaches are already enchanting but tying a myth or legend to the majestic views makes visiting them much more magical. One of these beaches can be found in Dalaguete’s Dakong Bato Beach and Leisure Resort.
Visit the Southern town of Dalaguete and be filled with wonder as you visit a famous destination from the stories-of-old: Dakong Bato.
Known as the docking place of Maria Cacao’s ship of gold from old stories and myths, Dakong Bato now serves as the landmark that marks the entrance to the municipality of Dalaguete and to the Dakong Bato Beach and Leisure Resort as well.
Dakong Bato Beach and Leisure Resort is a multi-tiered resort seemingly carved onto the cliffside roads of the southern town with each level of the resort presenting a different perspective of the ocean’s beauty.
Enhancing these beautiful views are refreshing spring water pools that will surely offer total relaxation. One of the pools comes with a slide that kids will enjoy and a Jacuzzi for a therapeutic dip for the adults.
The beachfront is also open to those who prefer swimming in seawater. There are various cottages facing the sea that offer shade and protection from the sun plus tables and chairs for a dine-by-the-sea experience but guests can also whet their appetites by visiting the Big Rock Cafe.
Other features of the resort include a karaoke bar, spacious gazebos, and a restaurant that serves a variety of dishes to complement the tropical atmosphere. There are also function halls that can accommodate up to 50 to 100 persons and are perfect for meetings, seminars, trainings, and the like.
Other than that, the resort has multiple picture-perfect spots for those Insta-worthy snaps such as viewing decks overlooking the ocean and swings for feeling the breeze.
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
- Adults: P100 per head
- Kids (3-12 y.o.): P75 per head
- Operating hours: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, additional fee of P25 if beyond hours
- Large Cottage: P500, good for 25 persons
- Small Cottage: P300-P400 depending on the location, good for 12 persons
- North Gazebo: P2,500, w/ videoke and good for 50 persons
- South Gazebo: P1,500, good for 30 persons
- Adult: P50 per head
- Kids: P25 per head
- Whole Lechon: P500 per lechon
- Imported Liquor: P100 per bottle
- Seaview Barkada Type Room w/ Veranda: P5,390, good for 8 persons
- Seaview Room with Balcony (King Beds): P3,300, good for 2 persons
- Seaview Family Room: P5,390, good for 8 persons
- Family Room w/ Loft: P4,840, good for 8 persons
- Quad Room: P3,300, good for 4 persons
- Triple Room w/ Veranda: P3,300, good for 2 persons
- Seaview Room w/ Terrace: P1,980, good for 2 persons
- Seaview Room w/ Balcony (Queen Beds): P3,300, good for 4 persons
- Seaview Air-Conditioned Room w/ Balcony (3 Queens): P3,850, good for 6 persons
- Seaview Air-Conditioned Room (Queen): P2,420, good for 2 persons
- Seaview Room w/ Balcony: P3,300, good for 2 persons
- Seaview Air-Conditioned Room w/ Balcony (1 Queen): P2,970, good for 2 persons
- Seaview Air-Conditioned Room w/ Balcony (2 Queens): P3,850, good for 4 persons
- Seaview Air-Conditioned Room w/ Veranda: P4,180, good for 3 persons
- Seaview Air-Conditioned Room w/ Large Balcony: P4,950, good for 6 persons
- Air-Conditioned Room for 2: P2,970, good for 2 persons
- Air-Conditioned Room for 10: P6,050, good for 10 persons
- Sea View Air-Conditioned Room (King): P3,300, good for 2 persons
NOTE: Rates may vary depending on the season and may change without prior notice. It’s best to contact the resort directly for bookings.
NOTE: Outside food not allowed for checked-in guests
- Contact numbers: (032) 484-4003 / 0917-634-5591
- Email address: [email protected]
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/dakongbatoresort
- Website: http://www.dakongbato.com/
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: Brgy. Coro, Dalaguete, Southern Cebu — approx. 3 hours away from Cebu City.
BY BUS: Find your way to the Cebu South Bus Terminal. From there, ride a bus bound for Dalaguete or will pass by the municipality. Ask the driver to drop you off at Dakong Bato Beach and Leisure Resort. The resort is just by the road so it is easy to spot.
BY CAR: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “Dakong Bato Beach and Leisure Resort” in Dalaguete. Parking space is available upon arrival.