Missed traveling? Now you can as Cebu Province resumes more tourism activities under the modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) status. One of the allowed activities now is the famous Canyoneering in Badian and Alegria in southern Cebu.
On August 31, the tour guides and operators welcomed Cebu Governor Gwen Garcia at the entrance of the town’s Kawasan Falls for the official re-opening of canyoneering activities in the tourism site.
Cebu Governor Garcia has been pushing for the reopening of the tourism sector as this is Cebu’s main economic driver and many locals are highly depending on tourism as their source of income and livelihood.
New Canyoneering Guidelines:
- Operating hours: 6AM to 3PM only
- Maximum height of 30ft for waterfall jumping
- Groups of maximum of 5 persons will be accompanied by 2 trained guides. Only persons traveling together will be allowed in a group.
- Guides must strictly observe good personal hygiene and wear proper uniform.
- Strict physical distancing must be observed with 7-minute interval between each group.
- Maximum of 300 tourists per day only for canyoneering.
- Selling of food and drinks is not allowed.
- Visitors are required to wear proper gears and equipment to be provided by the tour operators.
- Canyoneering operators are required to set aside one day of every week for cleanup and maintenance.
BADIAN CANYONEERING & KAWASAN FALLS ADVENTURE: ₱1,500 per head, inclusive of entrance fee and use of required gears and equipment. (Same rate for Alegria canyoneering.)
How to book?
Interested individuals may place their advance bookings or reservations online via https://discover.cebu.gov.ph/, Cebu Provincial’s official travel booking portal. Walk-ins are also allowed.
How to get there?
Exact location: Badian, Southern Cebu — 3 hours away from the city.
BY CAR: Just navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “Kawasan Falls” in Badian. Parking space is available at the church area.
BY BUS: From the South Bus Terminal (temporarily situated at Lantaw SRP), take a bus going to Badian or Oslob. Fare is is around ₱155. Tell the bus driver to drop you off at the Badian church or starting point of Kawasan Falls.
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.