Everyone is a little edgy. Being in quarantine isn’t really helping our overactive brains and our cravings aren’t helping either. But we have to do our part and stay at home.
One good thing that this quarantine brings is we all get to be a chef. You can fulfill your buffalo chicken wings craving by dishing out the pan and following these very simple instructions.
These buffalo wings are easy to make which is an advantage to beginners for they are not battered or breaded. They are fried naked and then mixed with a simple combination of hot sauce, butter, and vinegar.
An hour at the most and you’ll have the mouth-watering buffalo chicken wings for yourself and for your family.
- 8 chicken wings
- 1-L oil (canola, vegetable, peanut, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (Frank’s or Louisiana)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon distilled vinegar
Easy Steps to Make Buffalo wings
- Gather the ingredients. You can adjust the measurements in proportion to the chicken you have.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels to ensure they fry up crispy. This will also lessen the spatter from water hitting the hot oil.
- Heat a considerable amount of oil in a saucepan.
- Meanwhile, combine hot sauce, butter, and vinegar in a small saucepan. Warm over low heat until the butter melts.
- Adjust the heat of the sauce if it gets too hot. Taste the sauce and feel free to add more butter, a little water, some brown sugar or if you want it hotter, add more hot sauce.
- When the oil is hot enough, fry the wings in two or three batches for 12 to 15 minutes per batch. Give the oil time to reheat before frying the next batch for the oil to stay hot enough and the wings to come out crispy.
- Mix the wings in a bowl with the warm sauce.
It’s a new skill to learn while stuck at home. Go on and give it a try.