The Office of the City Director from the Department of the Interior and Local Government – Cebu City Field Office has formally issued a memorandum that allows back-riding on motorcycles in Cebu City for couples amid modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ).
Couples — married, boyfriend/girlfriend, etc — should at all times bring their valid IDs as proof that they are living together. There should also be barriers to separate the driver and the passenger, helmets, and facemasks.
Attached in the memorandum are the following:
- Motorcycle back-riding shall be allowed once again for couples living in the same household.
- Valid IDs shall be presented as proof that said persons are living together or are married to one another, or have any relation to one another (common law marriage, boyfriend and girlfriend, etc.)
- A safety barrier/shield whose design is duly approved by the IATF must be placed between the driver and the passenger.
- Said persons riding on motorcycles shall observe the minimum public health standards set forth by DOH, such as wearing of face masks and other relevant PPE;
- Riders shall also observe all road-safety measures during their ride, such as the donning of appropriate motorcycle safety headwear or crash helmets; and
- LGUs shall coordinate with their local PNP to ensure the proper implementation of this matter.
“Gi allow na ang mag angkas dinhi sa syudad sa sugbo,apan kinahanglan mag asawa ra ang tugutan o bakaha mag live-in ,boyfriend o girlfriend nga nag uban og usa ka balay o pareha og address.Pero kinahanglan adunay accredited nga barrier o katong gidesign nga approbado sa IATF.”– Cebu City Transportation Office
“Og kinahanglan pud mag sul.ob og facemask,gwantis,ang imong angkas.Nalatid pud sa memorandum sa DILG nga gikinahanglan pud ang driver mag sol.ob og accredited nga crash helmet ingon man ang angkas.”