Toledo City, locally dubbed as the Copper City, is one of the leading cities when it comes to different industries. But aside from this, the beautiful city of Toledo is never behind when it comes to their tourism.
Here are some of Toledo’s top attractions that everyone should visit.
1. Maze Garden at The Labyrinth
This puzzled pathway has made a buzz in social media since it first opened to the public last year and visitors have found this as a perfect spot for their Instagram-worthy shots. This labyrinth is a sight to behold with its intricate design, where statues are also available nearby.
- Regular: ₱100 per head
- Students: ₱50 per head
- Foreigners: ₱200 per head
- Operating hours: 10AM to 12NN (Mondays to Saturdays), 1PM to 4PM (Sundays)
- Contact number: (032) 467-8101
How to get there?
Exact location: 920 Diosdado Macapagal Highway, Poblacion, Toledo City, Cebu — approx. 2 hours away from the city.
BY BUS: From the South Bus Terminal, ride a bus bound for Pinamungajan. Ask the driver to drop you off at Capilla Sta. Ana. Bus fare is ₱100 /head (one-way).
BY CAR: Just navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “Capilla Santa Ana Museum and Community Center”. Parking space is available.
2. Lake Pingganon (Lake Bensis)
This hidden gem is perfect for those who love to trek and camp overnight as you have to go and do some trekking before you reach this magnificent lake. It has a view that is also picturesque, granting you that sweet escape.
- Entrance fee: ₱10 per head (sight seeing )
- Camping fee: ₱20 per tent (for campers)
- Boating: ₱50 per person
HOW TO GET THERE?
BY PUBLIC: If you’re commuting, from the highway or CIT University or Punta Princesa, take any jeepney or multicab going to Tabunok/Minglanilla/Naga. Ask the driver or conductor first if it will pass by Tabunok. Disembark at RD Pawnshop in Tabunok Market.
From there, ride a habal-habal that can take you to Lake Pingganon/Bensis. Estimated fare is around ₱200-250 per head (roundtrip). They can take you to the church near Lake Bensis and the travel time is roughly 30 minutes. Upon arriving to the church, you can ask the locals for directions towards Lake Bensis.
BY PRIVATE: If you have your own private vehicle/motorcycle, you can use Google Maps or Waze and search for “Lake Bensis” in Toledo.
3. Ilihan Bridge
Although technically not a tourist attraction, many people find this man-made wonder something to see. Built with a purpose to reduce the traffic problem in Toledo city, it is a good reminder of the wonderful things mankind can build.
- No entrance fee
- Location: Toledo City, Cebu, Philippines
4. La Vue Cabine
Located atop a mountain, this is the perfect place for that much awaited overnight reunion with the barkada. La Vue Cabine is an exclusive wood cabin that lets you see the beautiful part of Toledo in a grander scale.
- ₱1,666 per pax or ₱20,000 per night for 7-12 guests
- ₱2,666 per pax or ₱16,000 per night for 5-6 guests
- ₱3,000 per or ₱12,000 pax per night for 1-4 guests (Mondays to Thursdays only)
- ₱3,000 per or ₱6,000 pax per night for 1-2 guests (Mondays to Thursdays only)
Note: Rates include afternoon native drink, sumptuous dinner and a hearty breakfast all from a wide choice of signature local native Filipino dishes.
- Afternoon drinks (sikwate / honey lemonsito)
- Dinner – choice of 3 dishes, rice, fresh fruits and beverages
- Breakfast – Choice of 2 dishes, eggs, rice and/or bread, fresh fruits and beverages
- Food should be ordered 2 days prior to date of stay
- No cancellation and no refund policy
- No Corkage Fee for food and drinks
How to get there?
Exact location: Sitio Babag 2, Brgy. Pangamihan, Toledo City — 2-3 hours away from the city, 31km away from JY Square Mall in Lahug.
BY PRIVATE CAR: You can navigate with Waze or Google Maps, and search for “La Vue Cabine”.
- You can drive up from JY Square Mall Lahug to Barangay Cantipla, Cebu City (Approx. 23 kms). On your left, you will see the La Vue Cabine signage, turn left on that corner, this will lead you to Barangay Sudlon 1. (You will know that you are near that corner once you will pass by the Police Camp with visible checkpoint barriers)
- Once reaching the “Y” intersection, you will see the La Vue Cabine signage directing you to turn right. That will lead you to Barangay Pangamihan, Toledo City.
- Drive all the way until you see a waiting shed on your right with the La Vue Cabine Signage. (Approximately 2.8 kms from the “Y” intersection).
BY VAN/V-HIRE: From the van terminal at Ayala Center Cebu, take a v-hire going to Balamban. Ask the driver to drop you off at Cantipla corner Transcentral Hi-way (Cantipla Strawberry farm). Fare is ₱150. From there, take a habal-habal or the local motorcycle taxi and ask to be dropped off at the La Vue Cabine in Barangay Pangamihan, Toledo City. Fare is ₱80.
5. Malubog Lake, Falls and Tunnel
This part of Toledo has it all – with its Malubog Lake that has crystal clear waters that entice you, the Malubog Falls with its unique blue waters and also the Malubog Tunnel, where your inner explorer is unleashed by its fascinating view.
How To Get There?
Location: Toledo City, Cebu
From Cebu City South Bus Terminal, you can ride a bus bound to Toledo and you can request the driver or conductor to be dropped off at Barangay Madugo, specifically at the Julie’s Bakeshop within the area. You can then ride a habal-habal with an estimated fare of Php 60 per person, directly to Malubog Lake.
6. Mt. Tagaytay
Toledo also has their own to brag when it comes to peaks. Tagaytay Hill or Mount Tagaytay is very underrated yet despite this, trekkers are rewarded upon reaching the highest point with the beautiful view of Toledo.
How To Get There?
Location: Tagaytay Hills, Toledo City, Cebu
From Cebu City South Bus Terminal, you can ride a bus bound to Toledo and you can request the driver or conductor to be dropped off at Barangay Madugo, specifically at the Julie’s Bakeshop within the area. You can then ride a habal-habal with an estimated fare of Php 60 per person, directly to Mt. Tagaytay.
7. Lapos-Lapos Cave
This cave is perfect for adventurers as it boasts its wondrous rock formations. Filled with stalactites and stalagmites, the cave is more than just a simple one as beyond its cliff is another spot for you to bask in a breathtaking view of the Copper City.
How To Get There?
Location: Brgy. Bunga, Toledo City, Cebu
From Cebu City South Bus Terminal, you can ride a bus bound to Toledo and you can request the driver or conduct to be dropped off at Poog or Eskina Bunga. Once there, you can hail a habal-habal bount to Bunga Barangay Hall to register and the officers there will provide you a guide that can take you to Lapos-Lapos Cave.
8. Biga Pit
At first glance you might think you’re in the Grand Canyon but actually this is a hidden gem in Toledo. Despite it being technically a wasteland, you can still visit it for educational purposes or private tours with the permission of the mining company.
- Entrance fee: None (but you cannot go inside)
- From Cebu South Terminal to Toledo:
- Bus fare: ₱60 – 80
- Minivan: ₱60 – 170
- Taxi: ₱750 – 950
- From Toledo Fish Market to the mining entrance: ₱100 /head (one-way) via habal-habal or motorbike
- From the entrance to Biga Pit: ₱20-50 /head (one-way) via habal-habal or motorbike
How to get there?
Exact location: Barangay Biga, Toledo City, Cebu
BY COMMUTE: If you’re commuting, from the highway or CIT University or Punta Princesa, take any jeepney or multicab going to Tabunok/Minglanilla/Naga. Ask the driver or conductor first if it will pass by Tabunok. Disembark at RD Pawnshop in Tabunok Market.
From there, ride a habal-habal that can take you to Biga Pit. Estimated fare is around ₱200-250 per head (roundtrip).
BY PRIVATE: If you have your own private vehicle/motorcycle, you can use Google Maps or Waze and search for “Biga Pit” in Toledo.
9. Mount Makatol
The peak of this mountain reminds you that God intended to make nature beautiful, and Toledo is definitely one of the places that are truly blessed. It is secluded and frankly, unknown but this mountain being underrated is that factor that will get you hooked.
Location: Biga, Toledo City, Cebu, Philippines
How To Get There:
From Cebu City South Bus Terminal, you can ride a bus bound to Toledo and you can request the driver or conduct to be dropped off at Eskina Landing. Once there, you can hail a habal-habal bound to Das Village and then you can trek Mt. Makatol.
Toledo is a beauty and when you plan to visit these sites, make sure you are doing your part in preserving its beauty by practicing CLAYGO.
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.