Anonymous, a well known hacktivist group, has released a statement through an affiliated Twitter account, @YourAnonCentral, warning the public regarding the security concerns of TikTok.
“Delete TikTok now; if you know someone that is using it explain to them it is essentially malware operated by the Chinese government running a massive spying operation.”– YourAnonCentral via Twitter
A screenshot of a Reddit post was presented that claimed to have reverse-engineered the app and have listed the data collected by TikTok from its users.
- Phone hardware (including CPU Type, number of course, hardware IDs, screen dimensions, DPI, memory usage, disk space, etc.)
- Other apps installed on the device (including deleted apps)
- Network-related information (such as IP, local IP, router MAC, your MAC, WiFi access point name)
- Whether the device is rooted/jailbroken
- GPS pinging every 30 seconds
- And a local proxy server on your device for transcoding media
But this is not the only story here for Anonymous was also misrepresented on the app, as there has been a fake account set up.
“Anonymous has no TikTok account” and that the app is “created as spyware by the Chinese government.”– Anonymous
TikTok has not yet commented on the allegations. Furthermore, there is also no confirmations yet regarding the Reddit post’s authenticity.
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.