The 4th Cebu-Mactan Bridge is officially happening as the Philippines and Japan formalized the loan agreements amounting to a total of 154.1 billion Yen (P72 billion), for the 4th Cebu-Mactan Bridge and the Davao City Bypass Construction Project.
Japanese Ambassador Haneda Koji together with Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. signed the cooperation last June 8, 2020.
Still a part of the “Build Build Build” program of the Duterte administration, the 4th bridge has 119.2 billion Yen (P55.8 billion) of the loan set aside for it with Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) as its lead agency.
“The Special Terms for Economic Partnership (STEP) will apply to the Japanese ODA loan for the project, and it is expected that advanced Japanese technology, such as Design and construction of long-span steel box girders and Steel for Bridge High-Performance Structure, will be utilized in the project for constructing the long-span steel box girder bridge and coastal road,”– Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
- To address connectivity and mitigate traffic congestion concerns in the developing metropolitan areas of Cebu
- To improve the capacity of the existing road network in Cebu and facilitate faster movement of people, goods and services contributing to socio-economic development
- To provide an alternative route connecting central Cebu to Mactan Economic Zone where many export-oriented industries are located.
Building the 4th Cebu-Mactan Bridge
- Target Completion date: January 2028
- Composed of two components:
- 3.3-kilometer bridge
- 4.9-kilometer four-lane Mandaue coastal road with a 4.751-kilometer elevated viaduct
Presently, the third bridge project called Cebu-Cordova Link Expressway (CCLEX) is under construction and will be completed by 2021, in time for the commemoration of the 500th year of Christianity in the Philippines. Read more about the CCLEX here: https://sugbo.ph/2019/in-photos-cclex-bridge/
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.