A lot of rehabilitation projects have been set all over the Philippines in the hope of reviving the nature and return its natural beauty.
After the controversial yet successful major clean-up of Boracay and Manila Bay, the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) 7 leads a simultaneous clean-up activity for river rehabilitation program in different regions of Central Visayas.
This coming February 22, 2019 (Friday), YOU are invited to join the simultaneous river clean-up in ten (10) identified priority rivers in the region — 3 in Cebu. Little step and small progress can make a big impact to everyone.
- Butuanon River in Mandaue City
- Bulacao River in Cebu City
- Luyang River in Brgy. Luyang, Carmen
How to volunteer?
- Invite your friends (the more, the merrier) and free up your schedule on February 22, 2019 (Friday).
- Pick your preferred river (from the list above).
- Confirm your attendance by contacting (032) 253 6362 / (032) 411 0140 / (032) 236-4732 / 254-8632. Or message Cebu City Public Information Office on Facebook.
- That’s it! Share this post or the poster below to encourage others to join.
Reminders for the participants:
- Participants are discouraged to use single-used surgical gloves.
- Bring Caps and/or Head gears for sun protection
- Bring used sacks (sako) instead of black garbage bags and other clean-up materials.