Is your budget stopping you from enjoying summer? Don’t fret. Here’s the perfect getaway to relax, unwind and experience the salty wind dashing in your face with clear blue waters on a budget of less than ₱200.
Grab your picnic basket, sunblock, camping gear or tables/chairs, swimsuit, goggles, and best OOTDs now! Experience this newly discovered mini paradise in Northern Cebu — the Tonggo Beach a.k.a. “Ka-Tero” or Sliding beach in Marigondon, Lapu-Lapu City, Mactan, Cebu.
- ₱7-15 per person – Multicab/jeepney fare from Emall/APM to Parkmall
- ₱10 per person – Multicab/jeepney fare from Parkmall to Tamiya Terminal
- ₱10 per person – Multicab/jeepney fare from Tamiya Terminal (Lapu-Lapu) to Crossing Marigondon
- ₱20 per person – Habal-habal (motorbike) from Crossing Marigondon to Bluereef/Ocean Pearl.
- ₱10 per person – Entrance fee
– You can bring your own tent. Or tables and chairs. There are limited tents for rent available only.
– DO NOT bring expensive stuff. Always keep an eye on your belongings.
– No snacks for sale in the area.
– Bringing of food and drinks is okay for now. Also bring your own trash bag. CLEAN AS YOU GO POLICY.
– STRICTLY LEAVE NO TRACE.
How to get there?
Exact location: “Ka-Tero” / Sliding / Tonggo Beach in Marigondon, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu. 1-2 hours from Cebu City.
First of all, DO NOT hesitate to ask people around when going there, especially when you have reached to Marigondon.
– From SM City, ride a 01K jeep (across APM Mall or near Sun Gold) going to Parkmall. Or ride 01K jeep from Emall. ₱7-15 fare.
– From Parkmall Terminal, ride a MI-04A jeepney going Tamiya Terminal – fare is ₱10/head. Or ask around which jeepney can you ride.
– From there, ride another multicab from Tamiya Terminal. Tell the driver to drop you off at Crossing Marigondon – fare ₱10/head.
– Then ride a habal-habal (motorbike) going to the eskina Bluereef or Ocean Pearl. Or just inform the driver to drop you off at the eskina of Tonggo Beach in Marigondon – fare ₱20/head.
– Then walk a little further until you reach to the island. Note, it will be quite a long walk.
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.