Being able to see fog amidst the backdrop of nature is one of the most beautiful natural sceneries that we can enjoy. The thing is, it takes a little bit of effort and sacrifice to witness such beauty — such as waking up earlier (or camping overnight) and hiking to the top until you find the perfect spot.
Mt. Mago in Carmen is one of the easiest hiking and camping destinations in the province that allows you to experience the sea of clouds. It’s really suited for beginners, so better include this in your bucket list in Cebu.
NOTE: Just like in any peak, the “sea of clouds” at Mt. Mago really depends on the weather. To have the best chance of seeing thicker clouds, check the weather forecast for at least 3 days before your intended visit, to see if there’s a higher chance of having a pleasant weather.
- P40 (one-way) – Mini bus going to Carmen (P50 for Ceres Regular, P60 for Ceres Tours)
- P100 (one-way) – Habal-habal / motorbike going to Brgy. Santica
- P20 per head – Guide’s fee (~P100 /head if guide is an adult)
How to get there?
Exact location: Brgy. Santican, Carmen, Danao City — 42 kilometers (1-2hr travel) from the city.
1. From the Cebu North Bus Terminal, ride any bus going to Carmen. Tell the driver to drop you off at Carmen Public Market. Fare is P40 per head per way.
2. Carmen Public Market is just along the national road. Metro Supermarket Carmen with MetroBank ATM machine (sometimes it’s offline so better bring cash), Carmen Public Market, 7 Eleven store, pharmacies and bakeshops are the establishments nearby for your shopping and essential needs.
3. Ride a habal-habal or motorbike going to Brgy. Santican, Danao Barangay Hall. Travel time is take 1-2 hours, fare is P100 per head per way.
4. Get a guide to help you reach to Mt. Mago Peak. THIS IS RECOMMENDED for your safety. At least get guide who is a kid to lessen the cost – guide fee is at least P20 per head. An adult’s guide fee is around P100 per head (or P300 for the whole group) — this is also recommended for first-timers.
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.