LAST update: October 13, 2019
Applying for a job locally or overseas, or for a visa to travel? Well, that’s perhaps the reason why you have landed into this article as an NBI clearance is one of the required documents. This is because an NBI clearance is one way of proving you are not convicted or wanted for any crime in the country.
Before going to the nearest NBI Clearance Outlet, make sure to bring all the necessary requirements in applying for your NBI Clearance. NBI requires you to present two (2) valid IDs. The list of valid IDs accepted by NBI Clearance Outlet are:
- Valid passport
- Voter’s ID
- Driver’s License
- PRC License
- SSS ID
- GSIS UMID
- School/Company ID
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) ID
- Philhealth ID
- NSO Authenticated Birth Certificate
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- Senior Citizen
- Previous Copy of NBI Clearance
- Postal ID
Some NBI Clearance Outlets require Community Certificate or Cedula together with the two (2) Valid Identification Cards you present. If you don’t have any of these, the easiest ID to get is the Postal ID or Voter’s ID.
Now the question is how… How can I get one? How can I skip all the hassle and get it fast and easy? Don’t fret, you’ve come to the right page.
Whether you have applied online or not, you still need to go to an actual NBI Clearance Center to have your photo and fingerprint taken and to claim your NBI clearance. So the techniques really here are going to the “right” NBI center and knowing the requirements and to-do’s beforehand.
NBI SATELLITE BRANCHES
There are NBI clearance centers in Cebu:
- Robinsons Galleria Cebu in Cebu City
- J Center Mall in Mandaue City
- Enan Chiong Activity Center in Naga City
- Old Municipal Hall of Bogo City
- Shopwise Mambaling (Brgy. Mambaling, Cebu City)
- Insular Square Mall (North Highway, Basak, Mandaue City)
- Robinsons Cybergate Cebu Mall (Cebu City)
- Island Central Mall (Lapu-Lapu City)
- Sands Gateway Arcade (Danao City)
STEP 1: REGISTER ONLINE
Fill out all your personal information here. Make sure you have followed all the instructions, and the information you enter matches to your valid ID.
STEP 2: E-PAY (ONLINE PAYMENT)
Now you can pay online or at any of payment modes below that are convenient to you:
- Bank Over-the-Counter: BDO, BPI, Metrobank and UnionBank. Service fee of P25-50 applies.
- Online Banking: Through your mobile app, you can pay via BDO, BPI, Metrobank, RCBC, Unionbank, UCPB. Along the app or bank option are specific guides on how to do it. No service fee.
- Mobile Payment: Available with GCash and PayMaya. Service fee of P10 applies.
- Bayad Center: Pay to any Bayad Center Outlets or their partners including LBC, Palawan Pawnshop, Cebuana Lhuillier, 2Go Express, among others.
- MultiPay: MultiPay is a new payment channel innovation of Bayad Center. You must have a Multipay Wallet Account and available load in your Multipay Wallet in order to use it. You can register at www.multipay.ph.
- ECPay: Conveniently pay to Electronic Commerce Payments, Inc. (ECPay) partners including Petron stations, RD Pawnshop, Metro Gaisano, Shopwise, among others.
- 7-Eleven: One of the most convenient way to pay is going to the nearest 7-Eleven Store then give your Reference Number indicated in your application.
STEP 3: PHOTO & FINGERPRINT SCANNING
Go to any of the NBI Satellite Offices in Cebu (as listed above). During this step, your personal information will be verified for any namesake while your electronic fingerprint and photo will be captured.
STEP 4: CLAIM YOUR NBI CLEARANCE
If you are one of the few lucky people who are cleared and don’t get a “hit” status, then you can claim your NBI Clearance Form in less than 10 minutes.
But if you are on HIT — no need to panic, this is ironically “normal”; talk about a faulty system, then you will be asked to return and claim after 2 weeks from the day you applied. Or you have the option to have it delivered to your address (with an additional fee, of course). Unfortunately, I was one of those unlucky people.
This is what the latest NBI Clearance Form looks like:
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.