It’s the season the kids (and teens) are always excited about, less the scorching heat of the sun. If you’re looking for a place where you can have fun with the little ones, at the same you can relax, unwind and escape the bustle streets of the city, then you should check Gatubod Spring Resort in Compostela, Cebu. It’s very affordable, it will surely fit your budget.
The first mountain resort in Compostela, Gatubod Spring Resort has 2 big pools and 1 kiddie pool. The biggest pool has 2 slides, the deepest part is at 7ft while the shallow area is at 4ft.
Currently, Gatubod cannot accommodate overnight stays. They only have cottages for day-use.
Rates & Other Information
- THE RESORT ONLY ACCEPT WALK-INS.
- The resort has NO SIGNAL both for Globe and Smart.
- The resort has its own ambulance.
- You can buy your lunch at Compostela Public Market.
- Habal-Habal drivers are available outside the resort who offers a ride going back to eskina guimbal for P25/pax .
- Entrance fee: P60 per adult; P30 per kid below 10 y/o
- Cottage: P500 per day
- One table with 5 chairs: P250 per day
- Corkage: None
- Operating hours: 8AM to 6PM (Mondays to Fridays) / 8AM to 8PM (Saturdays to Sundays)
- Contact numbers: (032) 425-8761 / 406-6753 / 0917-635-8261
- Social: Facebook Page
How to go there?
Exact location: Brgy. Basak, Compostela, Cebu – 1-2 hours away from the city, ~7 kilometers away from the main highway.
It’s recommended to bring your own car for more convenience. Joy ride going to Basak, Compostela via Balamban, Cebu. Just search for “Gatubod Spring Resort” on Waze.
If commuting, from SM City Cebu, ride a jeep going to Compostela (24) or Danao City near Sungold Bldg. Tell the driver to drop you off at ESKINA GUIMBAL or near the Sea Oil gasoline station. Total travel time with traffic, 1 hour. Fare, P25 /pax. From Sea Oil Gas Station, cross along the street and you’ll find habal-habal drivers going to the spring resort. Total travel time, 15 to 20 minutes. Fare, P25 /pax.