Many times I realize that Cebuanos are really lucky people. Every time we just need to relieve the stresses away and get lost for a little while with our loved ones, we are given several options that suit our taste and feeling at that very moment whether it’s going for a stroll around the city or driving away from the busy city life.
One of the things I personally love to do to rejuvenate is chill and spend the day & night in a cozy resort with an overlooking scenery of nature. Our recent discovery is the relatively new nature site in Argao — the Coal Mountain Resort.
Rates and other information
• Room for 4 pax (2 twin beds) no CR and TV – ₱1,000 per night
• Room for 4 pax (2 twin beds) w/ CR and no TV – ₱1,200 per night
• Room for 4 pax (2 twin beds) w/ CR & cable TV – ₱1,500 per night
• Room for 6 pax (common-shared bed) w/ CR & local TV – ₱1,500 per night
• Bahay Kubo (1 twin bed w/ louting) – ₱1,000 per night (w/o CR)
• Deluxe Room – ₱3,000 per night (with breakfast)
• Standard Room – ₱2,500 per night (with breakfast)
• Standard Room – ₱2,000 per night (with breakfast)
- Entrance fee: ₱150 per person inclusive of day tour (mini zoo and hanging bridge) and pool use
- Cable car: ₱100 per person per ride
- Zipline: ₱150 per person per ride
- Corkage? None as of the moment. There’s also a resto bar in the area with KTV.
- Contact info: 0908 778 8701 / 0918 965 6081 / (032) 516-5166 / Facebook Page
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: Brgy. Linut-od, Argao, Cebu – 3 hours or approx. 100km away from the city.
The Coal Mountain Resort offers transport services. The fee for the transport service depends on the pickup point and the number of people going to the resort. These are your options:
• 12-seater non-aircon van: ₱2,500 from Argao to resort; ₱5,500 from Cebu to resort
• 12-seater aircon van: ₱3,000 from Argao to resort; ₱7,500 from Cebu to resort
• 30-seater aircon van: ₱4,000 from Argao to resort; ₱9,500 from Cebu to resort
Going on your own with your private vehicle is possible, though risky, because of the lack of directional road signs and poor road conditions. The resort is about 23 kilometers from Argao, often taking some 30 minutes or an hour to trek.
If you want to commute, ride a bus via Argao from the South Bus Terminal near Emall (~₱100 per person) and disembark at San Miguel St. in Argao. From there, ride a habal-habal (~₱150 per person) going to the resort.