Summer might have passed already, but there are days the summer heat doesn’t seem to go away yet. It can get blisteringly hot, and when you feel sticky all day, there is nothing quite like a refreshing cold bath to rejuvenate your senses. And in Asturias, a quiet municipality in the Northwestern part of Cebu (north of Balamban and west of Danao City), you have the option to dip yourself in a bubbly cold spring.
Agtugop Cold Spring is definitely one of the uncrowded cold springs in the province. You can dip into the cold waters of the pool, where the cool freshwater springs forth in close proximity to the sea, while enjoying the peaceful surroundings.
If you’re planning to visit Buswang Lake, Asturias’ main attraction, make sure to also drop by Agtugop Cold Spring.
• Bus/Van Fare: ₱120 per way (V-hire) / ₱100 per way (Bus)
• Motorcycle Fare: ₱40 per way
• NO ENTRANCE FEE
• NO CORKAGE FEE
How to get there?
Exact location: Brgy. Agtugop, Asturias, Northwestern Cebu — approx. 2.5 hours away from the city.
There are two (2) routes to get there:
1. RECOMMENDED: Transcentral Highway (via Busay/Balamban)
– Take a V-hire from the Ayala terminal going to Tuburan. Ask the driver to drop you off at Brgy. Bago Bridge, there is a newly constructed bridge in the area. Fare is ₱120 /head (one-way). From there, ride a motorcycle to Brgy. Agtugop, Asturias – fare is ₱40 /head. Then ask the locals for the way going to the cold spring.
– If you are renting a private van or using your own vehicle, take this route. You can then navigate using Waze or Google Maps, just search for “Agutop Asturias”.
2. Via Toledo
– You can ride a bus from the South Bus Terminal going to Toledo/Tuburan. Fare is around ₱100/head. Travel time is approximately 3-4 hours from the terminal. This is only ideal if you come from Minglanilla/Naga/Toledo. Ask the driver to drop you off at Brgy. Bago Bridge, there is a newly constructed bridge in the area. Fare is ₱120 /head (one-way). From there, ride a motorcycle to Brgy. Agtugop, Asturias – fare is ₱40 /head. Then ask the locals for the way going to the cold spring.