What if I tell you there’s actually an acoustic and artful way of taking your coffee? Here’s a new café in Lapu-Lapu City that will give you a fulfilling experience of trying something new while enjoying your coffee.
Opened in October 2016, Uke Hub Kafe is Cebu’s first ukulele-themed café. Its goal is to create a space where people can celebrate togetherness under the common banner of their love for music, arts & coffee.
To complement well with its good-tasting coffee, Uke Hub also serves signature sandwiches & delicious desserts. It also has live performances and open mic ukulele jams during weekends.
Either way, if you just want to just lazy chill at Uke Hub, so be it. Chill vibes is guaranteed! Situated near the airport, this new cafe is convenient for local or foreign travelers who want to taste the Cebu laid-back lifestyle before hitting the busy city.
Here’s the cheat sheet guide to Cebu’s one and only uke-themed cafe:
– If you’re too lazy to paint your own uke, you can buy from their wide selection of new Susing’s Ukuleles on display. Price starts at P1,500.
– Their #HubSpecials Snickers Overload is a must-try.
– Make sure you follow them on social media because for you never want to miss their promos and contests!
They also have this very interesting “Paint & Play Your Own Ukulele” workshop:
✔ Learn how to play the Ukulele.
✔ Paint your own Ukulele.
✔ Drink great coffee.
✔ Find the musician and artist in you.
During the workshop, a solid tone wood soprano-size ukulele will be given to each participant — which they will design and paint. This 4-hour workshop is composed of fun Ukulele Basics tutorials with beginner-friendly chord charts provided. This is really the best time to unleash the artist in you.
This interesting fusion of music, arts and coffee makes the place perfect for the hang-outs with the barkada, date nights and indulgence for one’s self.
Check this out… (PROMO)
Uke Hub Kafe launches its Paint & Play Ukulele Craft Kit that contains: (1) one soprano ukulele from New Susing’s Guitar, (2) ukulele softcase, (3) acrylic paint set of 6, (4) artist paint brush set, (5) palette, (6) ukulele guide booklet.
As they celebrate their month-long anniversary, Uke Hub Kafe will be giving away three (3) Paint & Play Ukulele craft kits.
1. Follow @ukehubkafe on Instagram
2. Post a photo of your visit to @ukehubkafe & tag them.
3. In the caption of your photo, share your experience and use the hashtag #ukehubexperience.
The will be raffling off the winning entry on Oct. 27 .
Uke Hub Kafe Menu
• Operating hours: 10AM to 10PM, Mondays to Sundays
• Contact information: (032) 255 2683 / [email protected] / Facebook Page
• Exact location: Stall 3 Mactan Arcade, Matumbo-Pusok Road, Lapu-Lapu City, 6015 Cebu
HOW TO GET THERE?
– PUBLIC: Ride a jeepney from the Parkmall Terminal via 02B going to Punta Engano. Drop off at Mactan Marina Mall and walk for 3-4 minutes going to Mactan Arcade.
– PRIVATE: Book a Grab/Uber/Taxi or ride your own vehicle and set your destination to “Mactan Arcade”. Estimated fare is P180-250 (good for 4 pax) from SM City Cebu.