Before the viral hit 10,000 Roses Cafe in Cordova and Buwakan ni Alejandra in Balamban (both, by the way, were first introduced by Sugbo.ph), there was the SMASH HIT Sirao Flower Garden (a.k.a. Sirao Flower Farm). It broke the social media in 2015 and became the most popular attraction in Cebu Transcentral Highway (Busay-Sirao-Balamban), until it became uncontrollable. The garden was “destroyed” by human recklessness.
I must say, it happened for a reason. First, it proved the strong influence and effect social media could do. Second, it was a (hard) lesson learned by the Sirao Flower Garden management and the officials as well. It also became a good reference from the new attractions, and it was the start of serious promotion on responsible tourism.
But now, Sirao Flower Garden is ready to attract more guests as it continuously improves and renovates the whole place. In fact, it now features more “Instagrammable” spots and an infinity pool. They surely know how to please both local and foreign tourists.
Rates and other information
Being able to see a garden on top of hill is mesmerizing. It is a must to see if you are doing a tour of Cebu City.
• Entrance fee (Flower garden only): P50 per head
• Pool use: P100 per adult; P50 per head below 12 y/o
• Operating hours: 6AM to 6:30PM for all visitors; 6:30PM to 6:30AM for campers
• Contact details: 0946 937 7891
How to get there?
Exact location: Brgy. Sirao, Cebu City. Going there in your own vehicle can save you from the hassle of transferring between vehicles and can save you from spending for the fare. Your landmark would be Ayala Heights, take a right turn to Sirao Flower Farm.
• It’s still best to bring your own vehicle so you won’t have a hard time going back to the city. Parking spaces are available.
• There’s a shuttle available at Jollibee Lahug (beside JY Square Mall) going to Temple of Leah, Tops Lookout and/or Sirao Flower Garden. It’s P150 per person for a round trip ride. Check “Go To Tops” Facebook page for details.
• Taxis can also take you there, but expect the fare to be higher or doubled than usual.
• You can ride a v-hire or van going to Balamban from Ayala Cebu Terminal.
• If you are commuting, you can either take a jeepney or a taxi cab to J.Y. Square Mall in Lahug. You can take a taxi directly to Sirao Flower Farm but expect the fare to be high. So to save, from J.Y. Square Mall, you can hire a habal-habal (local term for a motorcycle for hire). The habal-habal driver will take you directly to Sirao Flower Farm for Php 400.00 roundtrip and for 2 persons already. The driver may ask you for additional waiting fee of Php100.00 to Php 200.00 per hour depending on your haggling talent :). The ride will take 30-45 minutes to get there.