For the past decade, the need for having a fast internet connection has slowly grown.
As we entered the year 2020, the demand for internet went through the roof with work-from-home arrangements becoming the norm due to the pandemic. This has opened a new idea for more flexible work arrangements for the future with internet connection being at the center of it all.
The internet has etched itself so deep into our lives that, just like water, food, and electricity, it has become one of this generation’s basic necessities.
Since every form of transaction and business is slowly migrating into the digital space, a practical move would be to subscribe to fast, reliable, and, if possible, affordable plans. From doing online and cashless payments for online shopping and online classes.
One of the most heated debates regarding internet connection is the choice between DSL and Fiber. In terms of speed, DSL only reaches up to a measly 15 mbps while Fiber can go as fast as 500 mbps which is more than 100x faster. Clearly, Fiber is vastly superior over DSL but its greatest downside is its availability.
Infrastructures still need to be laid down first before connections can be made in an area and there are areas in the country that are just too far for installations.
With that, we have made a list of all available Fiber plans in the country and corresponding reasons and conditions to apply for a certain plan.
Note: Prices indicated above are the monthly recurring fees as of January 2021. Speed accuracy and reliability depend on the network and location.
The same with PLDT, Globe Broadband also has a wide reach nationwide and is therefore available to the majority of the population. Some of their plans also come with freebies and offer some of the most bang-for-buck deals for plans with a speed of 100 mbps and up. Globe is perfect for households that want seamless internet connection without having to worry about bandwidth consumption.
- Starter Plan 1299: P1,299 up to 10 mbps (500GB data limit)
- Go Unli 1699: P1,699 up to 20 mbps (Unlimited data)
- Go Unli 1899: P1,899 up to 30 mbps (Unlimited data)
- Go Unli 2499: P2,499 up to 50 mbps (Unlimited data)
- Go Unli 2899: P2,899 up to 100 mbps (Unlimited data)
- Go Unli 3499: P3,499 up to 200 mbps (Unlimited data)
- Go Unli 4999: P4,999 up to 500 mbps (Unlimited data)
- Go Unli 9499: P9,499 up to 100 mbps (Unlimited data)
Globe’s official website: https://www.globe.com.ph/broadband.html
Sky’s Fiber Unli Plans belong to the second cheapest in this list and Sky, in general, offers one of the best prices per mbps on broadband. The All-in box plans are perfect for families who prefer enjoying quality TV time and want the most out of their plans while the Home Wifi postpaid plans offer the most mobility and range which would suit families living in large houses and experience difficulty setting up a wireless network.
- Sky Fiber 10 Mbps Plan: P999 + P999 installation fee
- Sky Fiber 25 Mbps Plan: P1,499 + P999 installation fee
- Sky Fiber 50 Mbps Plan: P1,999 + P999 installation fee
- Sky Fiber 75 Mbps Plan: P2,499 + P999 installation fee
- Sky Fiber 100 Mbps Plan: P2,899 + P999 installation fee
- Sky Fiber 150 Mbps Plan: P3,499 + P999 installation fee
- Sky Fiber 25 + All-in Box: P1,499 + P1499 installation fee
- Sky Fiber 50 + All-in Box: P1,999 + P1499 installation fee
- Sky Fiber 75 + All-in Box: P2,499 + P1499 installation fee
- Sky Fiber 100 + All-in Box: P2,899 + P1499 installation fee
- Sky Fiber 150 + All-in Box: P3,499 + P1499 installation fee
- Sky Fiber Unli Broadband + Home Wifi 30 Mbps Plan: P1,799 up to 30 mbps
- Sky Fiber Unli Broadband + Home Wifi 60 Mbps Plan: P2,799 up to 30 mbps
- Sky Fiber Unli Broadband + Home Wifi 120 Mbps Plan: P3,799 up to 30 mbps
SKY’s official website: https://www.mysky.com.ph/skyfiber
PLDT Home Fibr Plans are the perfect plans for streamers, gamers, and other professions requiring heavy bandwidth usage. This is a good option for small families or any house with only a small number of gadgets requiring a connection. Also, unlike Converge, PLDT has a wide area coverage with a lot of PH cities under its web. It also has bundle plans that some consumers will surely appreciate.
- Plan 1299: P1,299 up to 10 mbps
- Plan 1699: P1,699 up to 25 mbps
- Plan 2399: P2,399 up to 50 mbps
- Plan 2999: P3,499 up to 100 mbps
PLDT’s official website: https://pldthome.com/fibr
Converge ICT is one of the most affordable plans out of all in this list, able to provide users with the fastest speed at a low price. However, it offers the least amount of inclusions and also covers the least locations – mostly available in Metro Manila and nearby provinces. Converge ICT is ideal for heavy broadband users who want cheap fiber-optic connection at home without the installation of phones.
As of January 2021, Converge ICT supports very few locations in the island of Cebu.
- Fiber Xtreme 4500: P4,500 for up to 300 mbps
- Fiber Xtreme 7000: P7,000 for up to 500 mbps
- Fiber Xtreme 1500: P1,500 for up to 25 mbps
- Fiber Xtreme 2500: P2,500 for up to 75 mbps
- Fiber Xtreme 3500: P3,500 for up to 150 mbps
Converge’s official website: https://www.convergeict.com/fiberx/
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.