With the rising popularity (even in the international scene) of Sumilon Island and Swimming with the Whale Sharks, the beautiful town of Oslob is now one of the most visited tourist destinations in Cebu.
More than the aforementioned spots, there are still a few more beautiful and travel-worthy destinations you can visit in Oslob. Here’s everything you need to know so you can maximize your visit to Oslob, Southern Cebu.
Top Attractions in Oslob
1. Sumilon Island
Popular for its crystal clear waters and beautiful sandbar with white sand beach, Sumilon Island in Oslob remains as one of Cebu’s best kept secrets and is found on the southeastern tip of the mainland, a 20-minute boat ride away.
- Opening hours: 7AM to 5PM daily
- Boat fee: ₱2,000-3,500 per group, good for 10-15pax — you may opt to join other groups as well.
- Accommodation: link
- Tour package / car for rent: SquadPH Tours and Travels
Things you can do in Sumilon Island:
- Swimming at white sand bar
- Swimming at the infinity pool
- Kayaking at the lagoon
- Island nature trekking
- Island Tour
- Cave Tours
- Climbing at the lighthouse where you see the view of whole island
2. Swimming with the Whale Sharks
Get up close with the world’s largest fish the whale sharks, the gentle giants in Oslob. Swimming with a whale shark is a unique wildlife interaction that you will remember forever.
|Filipino Tourists||Whale watching (no swimming) + Life Jacket||₱300 or ~ USD 6|
|Filipino Tourists||Snorkeling with the Whale + Life Jacket||₱500 or ~ USD 10|
|Foreign Tourists||Snorkeling with the Whale + Life Jacket||₱1,000 or ~ USD 20|
- Whale Shark activity is available daily from 6:00 AM to 12:00 PM only.
- The activity is good for 30 minutes only.
- Diving and snorkeling are limited in time and people. The activity is by batch.
- TIP: If you don’t want to wait in the line for too long and avoid the horrible traffic in the city and the southern parts, make sure to leave Cebu City or Mactan at around 2 or 3 AM.
- Read our complete guide here.
3. Tumalog Falls
If you want a more refreshing treat, you must experience the enchanting charm of Tumalog Falls.
- Entrance fee: ₱20 /head
- Habal-habal fare: ₱30 /head
4. Oslob Heritage Park
Another destination just a few kilometers away from the whale shark watching site is the Oslob Heritage Park where you can find the following:
- Cuartel – a preserved Spanish colonial era buildings.
- Baluarte – a fort and watchtower built in the early 19th century to give early warning of and to repel Moro raiders.
- Oslob Museum – contains some antiques which were contributed by the people of Oslob. No admission fee.
- Church of the Immaculate Concepcion – one of the oldest churches in southern Cebu.
… all these attractions are just steps away from each other, within the vicinity of Oslob Heritage Park.
NO ENTRANCE FEE! You don’t need to pay anything, even when inside the Oslob Museum. Other destinations are the Parish and the. You can arrange with the tricycle drivers or with a resort in Oslob to take you here.
Itinerary and Budget
- 3AM – Shuttle pick-up from Cebu City or Mactan Island / Depart from South Bus Terminal
- 6AM – Arrival at Oslob / Light breakfast at restaurants near Whale Shark Watching site
- 7AM – Whale Shark Watching Tour
- 8AM – Tumalog Falls
- 9AM – Depart for Sumilon Mainland
- 9:30AM – Sumilon Island Day Tour
– Buffet Lunch served at the Pulo Restaurant near the Lagoon; serving times at 11:30AM or 1PM
– Island Activities: Kayaking, Snorkeling-free use of mask and snorkel, Island Trekking, Fishing and Fish Feeding
– Use of resort facilities including all beaches, lagoon pool only, payags and shower rooms
- 2PM – Pump boat departure from Sumilon Island. Up to 5 hours only at Sumilon Island). Extended stay at Sumilon Island until 5PM will incur additional charges.
- 3:30PM – Oslob Heritage Park: Cuartel, Baluarte, Old Church, Oslob Museum (all in one place, no entrance fee)
- 5PM – Depart for Cebu City
- 8-9PM – Arrive at original pick-up location
Budget (Commute / DIY)
- ₱310 – Bus fare (₱155 per way)
- ₱500 – Swimming with the Whale Sharks (₱1,000 for foreigners)
- ₱250-300 – Sumilon Island Day Tour with boat fare (you must join other groups to get the lowest possible cost)
- ₱70 – Tumalog Falls (Entrance: ₱20, Habal-habal Fare: ₱25 per way)
- ₱0 – No entrance fee for Oslob Heritage Park
- ₱100-300 – Motorbike/jeepney/tricycle fares from one place to another.
How to get there?
BY BUS: From the South Bus Terminal (near Emall), ride a Ceres bus going to “Bato-Oslob”. All buses bound for Oslob operate 24/7. Bus fare is ~₱155 /head (one-way). Inform the driver to drop you off at the main Whale Shark activity site or to the resort you’re heading.
BY CAR: Road trips are fun, especially if you’re going south. Make sure to navigate via Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “Oslob Whale Shark Watching” or to the resort you’re heading.
BY VAN RENTAL / TRAVEL AGENCY: If you want a hassle-free trip and to make the most out of your vacation, it’s best to book with a travel agency. You can check out our trusted travel partner: SquadPH Tours and Travels. Or email them at [email protected]quadph.com. They offer affordable tour packages with options for 1 Day up to 3D/2N tours.
Where to stay in Oslob?
Hotel Sebastian Oslob
Starts at 1,600 PHP
Issa’s Haven Resort
Starts at 1,250 PHP
Seascape Beach Resort
Starts at 3,000 PHP
Seafari Resort Oslob
Starts at 1,895 PHP
Cebu Tour Packages
If you want a hassle-free trip and to make the most out of your vacation, it’s best to book with a travel agency. You can check out our trusted travel partner: SquadPH Tours and Travels. Or email them at [email protected]. They offer affordable tour packages with options for 1 Day up to 3D/2N tours.
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.