Carnaza Island is a 174 hectares (430 acres) turtle-shaped island located north of the mainland Cebu in the Philippines. The island is bordered on all sides by the Visayan Sea, and is part of Daanbantayan, Cebu.
Experience this undeniably gorgeous paradise in Northern Cebu, the Carnaza Island, for less than ₱1000!
The 1,000-Peso Challenge
- ₱424 (₱200 /way) – Airconditioned bus from North Bus Terminal to Tapilon Port in Daanbantayan. Travel time is 3-4 hours.
- ₱200 (₱100 /way) – Boat going to Carnaza Island. Travel time is 2 hours. Alternatively, you can rent a pump boat for ₱7,000 roundtrip which can carry around 25-30 people.
- ₱200 /head – Entrance fee at Carnaza Eco Park with access to Skull Cove.
- ₱100 (₱200 /head) – Room rate per night, good for 2pax.
…so that’s a total of ₱924 and you’ll already get to experience this paradise!
– The more friends, the cheaper you have to pay for the boat ride.
– Bring food and drinks
– Bring powerbank and extra batteries
– Leave no trace
• Entrance fee: P200 per head
• Room Rates: P200 per night, good for 2pax.
– There are 20 standard rooms (woodshed) of the same size and type. You may bring your own camping tents as well.
Carnaza Eco Park
• For overnights: Walk-ins are welcome, but given the island’s popularity now, it’s recommended to make a booking first.
• Contact numbers: 0936-731-6495 / 0999-860-9761 / 0936-731-6495
• Social: Facebook Page
• Email: email@example.com
How to get there?
Head on to Cebu North Bus Terminal and ride the bus bound for Maya-Bagay or you can simply ask and conductor around the bus terminal and tell them that you’re going to Tapilon Port. Travel time is around 4 hours and fare is ₱212 (airconditioned bus). Take the first trip if you’ll be only doing day tour in Carnaza Island.
Once you arrive at Tapilon Port, ride a boat going to Carnaza Island (₱100 per way). First trip is at 7am-10am but it would actually depend on the condition of the sea. When we got there its low-tide, so the first trip will be at 10am and departs by 1pm. So we rented a pump boat instead (since were only doing a day tour) for ₱7,000 roundtrip it can carry around 25-30 people. Tapilon Port to Carnaza Island travel time is 2 hours.
The information above are based on the experience shared by travel blogger DAVE JAN DEQUITO.