Last update: June 28, 2018
While the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) is on the works, SM Prime and Jam Liner launched a consortium of public transportation via the Cebu myBus not just to somehow alleviate the worsening traffic in Cebu but also to accommodate the public to pass through Mactan International Airport and South Road Properties (SRP) where the new SM Seaside City Cebu is located.
To start with 33 buses initially, there will be a total of 77 myBuses moving around the city. These buses are manufactured by Volvo, Mercedez Benz and Daewoo.
The Cebu myBus is PWD-friendly, GPS and CCTV-enabled making it a safe, secure and friendly transport service around Cebu. It can can accommodate 42 to 90 passengers, including standing passengers.
MyBus / ePLUS Card
Starting January 15, 2018, ON-BOARD TAPPING (Automated Fare Collection) shall be implemented on ALL routes. For the convenience of all, myBus encorages the use of 1 myBus card per passenger. In the meantime, multiple tapping on a single card will still be allowed.
Cash will still be accepted in the meantime, to give time to others to acquire the MyBus card. However, this is only allowed until May 2018.
For PWDs, Senior Citizens and Students, register your cards to avail discounts at SM Seaside Office or SM Cinemas at both SM City Cebu and SM Seaside City.
- MyBus/ePlus cards are sold at P200 which already comes with an initial load of P100
- Reloading is by P100’s only but with no load limit.
- Load will not expire.
- Inactive cards (for more than 2 years) is subject to a dormancy fee (TBA).
- The card can also be used in SM cinemas, parking and other merchant services.
WHERE TO BUY & RELOAD?
You can buy or reload your myBus or ePLUS cards at:
- SM Cinemas at SM Seaside City and SM City Cebu
- MyBus stations at SM City Cebu, SM Seaside City, and Lawaan/Linao
Note: You cannot reload your cards in any of the bus. You need to make sure your cards always have enough load.
ROUTES, SCHEDULE & FARE
There are seven (7) myBus routes:
• Route #1: TALISAY – PARKMALL – TALISAY
• Route #2: TALISAY – SM SEASIDE – TALISAY
• Route #3: PARKMALL TO SM SEASIDE TO PARKMALL
• Route #4: SM CITY CEBU – MACTAN AIRPORT – SM CITY CEBU
• Route #5: SM CITY CEBU – PORT AREA – SM CITY CEBU – PARKMALL
• Route #6: FUENTE OSMENA – V. RAMA – N. BACALSO (SIT) – SM SEASIDE CITY CEBU
• Route #7: FUENTE OSMENA – BANAWA – LABANGON (Elementary School) – N. BACALSO (SIT) – SM SEASIDE CITY CEBU
1 SM SEASIDE CITY – PARKMALL
2 TALISAY – SM SEASIDE CITY
3 SM CITY – MACTAN AIRPORT
4 TALISAY – PARKMALL
5 SM CITY – PARKMALL
6 FUENTE OSMENA – SM SEASIDE CITY CEBU
Mactan Cebu Airport – Terminal 2 (International Flights)
|1||SM Seaside City (Mountain Wing)|
|2||SM City Cebu (Wide parking lot at the back of Radisson Blu Hotel)|
|3||Talisay City (beside PTT Gas Station and near Fooda Talisay)|
|4||Mactan Airport (near Arrival exit doors)|
|14 more bus stations are to be built including in Mambaling, Talisay and Mactan Airport.|
6 more MyBus units to ply Talisay-SM Seaside route that will ply from 7AM to 10PM daily.
May 2016: “Extended Mandaue” route has been implemented. Buses will now from SM City Cebu to JCentre Mall to Mandaue City Hall and vice versa.
June 2016: Mercedes Benz Conecto MyBus airport buses have arrived in Cebu. These will start operating by mid-July 2016.
July 2016: Just updated bus trips or schedules.
August 2016: Effective on August 1, 2016, the Extended Mandaue Route (Parkmall to J Center Mall) will be discontinued.
April 2017: Updated bus trips, routes and schedules.
April 2018: Updated bus trips, routes and schedules. Added 2 new routes (Fuente Osmena to SM Seaside City).
June 2018: Added new bus stop / route for Mactan Cebu International Airport – Terminal 2 (International Flights)
Photos are taken from the wires.