If you think you have already witnessed all the captivating beauty of Southern Cebu without visiting Aloguinsan yet, think again. Prepare to be amazed and experience Cebu’s very own huge lagoon ala El Nido, Palawan!
Bojo River is Aloguinsan’s crown jewel and has thus far been named one of the Top 100 Sustainable Destinations in the World on the occasion of World Tourism Day 2016 and Best Community-based Tourism at the ASEAN Toursim Awards 2017.
The Bojo River tour, also known as the Aloguinsan River Eco-Cultural Tour, is highlighted by a ride on the river with local fishermen interpreting the local history, the flora and the fauna of the river ecosystem. The women and children serve local cuisine and weave grasses for mats as souvenirs. Because of its outstanding ecotourism initiative, the surrounding communities were inspired to take its river tourism as a model. It will take around 3 hours to complete the Bojo River Cruise package service and environmental lessons.
Rates and Other Information
- ₱650 per person – Inclusive of tour, lunch, snacks at the Farmhouse, and complementary goodies. Based on advance booking (at least 2 days), minimum of 5pax.
- STUDENT PACKAGE: ₱850 per head for a minimum of five persons. This includes a welcome lei, welcome drinks, lunch at The Farmhouse, snacks along the Bojo River, handicraft demo, river cruise, swimming, and a tour of heritage sites such as the baluarte (heritage park), old stone church, and parola.
- Online booking: https://discover.cebu.gov.ph/tour/bojo-river-eco-cultural-tour/
- What time to go there? Better to arrive as early as 8AM.
- Opening hours: 8AM to 5PM
- Contact numbers: (032) 469-9042 / 0933 120 9480 / 0997 371 5698
- Email: [email protected]
- Social: Facebook Page
How to get there?
Exact location: Aloguinsan, Southern Cebu — approx. 2 hours away from Cebu City.
From the South Bus Terminal in N. Bacalso Ave., ride a minibus going to bound for Pinamungajan. Ask the conductor to drop you in front of The Farmhouse in Aloguinsan. Bus fare is ₱80 and travel time is 2 to 3 hours.
Another option is to take a Toledo-bound bus and transfer to a minibus or jeepney to Aloguinsan.
If you’re bringing your own vehicle, just navigate with Waze and search for “Bojo River Aloguinsan”. There’s a parking space available in the area.
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.