You have probably come across this on your feed, or heard of it from your friends or elsewhere. It’s actually the talk of the town — particularly famous for being unusually existent in the province of Cebu. It seems out of this world yet many are eager to experience this astonishing wonder — the Bacalla Woods Campsite in San Fernando, Southern Cebu.
The Bacalla Woods Campsite identifies itself as the home of the artists, environmentalists, explorers, extreme sports athletes, campers, and all nature enthusiasts. It’s said to be the place where you can find real happiness.
These are some of the things you can do:
- Camping / Staying overnight with nature (tent, hammock, or room)
- Infinity swing
- River trekking to 7 falls
- Waterfall chasing
- Mountain biking
- Mountain Trekking
- Skate boarding
- Turn strangers to friends / Jamming over bonfire
- Dine with nature
- Meditate under sunrise
– There’s no cellular signal (nor a Wifi) in the area. Unplugging is real, guys!
– Bring a mosquito repellent if you plan to go overnight.
– If you’re going there without booking, make sure to bring your own food and drinks. You can also cook in the area, just bring your own cooking ware and ingredients. But I suggest you book ahead to be sure.
– Be responsible of your own trash. Be responsible at all times.
Rates and other information
- Entrance fee: ₱100 per head
- Hammock rental: ₱150
- Overnight w/ breakfast (camping fee): ₱200 per person (inclusive of Electricity, Maintenance, Usage of CR, Drinking Water, Kitchen Use, and FREE Breakfast)
- Room for 2: ₱1,300 per night
- Tent rental: ₱1,000 (good for 10pax)
- WALK-INS ARE NOT ALLOWED. Make sure to book or reserve first before going.
- Contact number: 0923-825-6945
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook Page: link
How to get there?
Exact location: Libo, Ilaya, San Fernando, Cebu — near Hidden Paradise Resort, approx. 40km or 1-2 hour travel from the city.
From the South Bus Terminal, ride any bus you can find there — all buses will pass through San Fernando (P30-40 bus fare). Tell the konduktor to drop you off at the eskinita going to Hidden Paradise Mountain Resort. From there, ride a habal-habal to reach your destination (P100 fare per person). Just tell the driver that you’re going to Bacalla Woods.
You can also bring you own private vehicle. Simply navigate via Waze or Google Maps and search for Bacalla Woods Campsite in San Fernando.
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.