The lenten season is here and along with it our favorite annual craving, Binignit.
It’s a famous lenten food that is a tradition in the Visayas region and to everyone who haven’t made their own yet. We have here a home recipe of that delicious goodness that you can share with the whole family.
- 1/8 kg sticky rice/ glutinous rice flour (alternative)
- 1/4 Landang (palm flour jelly balls)
- 4pcs Banana (cardaba)
- 2pcs Camote
- 3pcs Coconut
- 1/4kg Sago (any color)
- 1/8kg Nangka
- 1/4 Gabi/Ube
- 1/2 kg Brown sugar
- 6 cups water
- Prepare and Slice ingredients
- Soak Landang in water
- Meanwhile, boil about 6 cups of water or more, depending on your estimation.
- Add soaked landang to boiling water
- After 5 mins, Add the sticky rice
- Wait for another 5 mins and add the chopped Camote, Gabi/Ube and washed sago
- Make 2 preparations of coconut milk.
- Set aside the 1st one and add the 2nd coconut milk once the Camote is cooked.
- Then add the banana and nangka to the mixture
- Let it stay.
- Mix 1/4 brown sugar to the 1st half of coconut milk. Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Check if everything is cooked.
- Add the coconut milk and sugar mixture.
- Taste it and add sugar if its not sweet enough for you.
- Wait until it boils and it’s ready to serve.
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.