Since July 1, 2020, the Province of Cebu has been placed under the modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) classification with lesser restrictions than MECQ or GCQ.
Under MGCQ, more movement of people has been allowed and more business sectors have been re-opened. This includes the resumption of tourism activities in the province such as canyoneering, hiking, beach swimming, whale shark watching, parasailing, and more. (READ: Tourism activities resume in Cebu Province)
For those who are still confused with the specific cities and towns under the jurisdiction of Cebu Province, here is the complete list for your easy reference:
- Consolacion (specifically placed under GCQ)
- Minglanilla (specifically placed under GCQ)
- San Fernando
- San Francisco
- San Remigio
- Santa Fe
- Talisay (specifically placed under GCQ)
Basically, the province of Cebu is composed of cities and towns outside Cebu City, Mandaue City, and Lapu-Lapu City.
On the other hand, here are the activities the residents of Cebu Province are now allowed to do under MGCQ.
Tourism Activities now allowed:
- Island hopping
- Beach activities
- Whaleshark watching and snorkeling
- Zipline adventure
- ATV riding
- Hiking, Trekking and Mountaineering
- Spelunking (Caving)
- Visiting Cultural Sites and Museums
- Open-air and well-ventilated dining is encouraged.
- Dine-in is limited to 75% of the establishment’s full carrying capacity.
- Buffet service shall be allowed when food servers are present in the buffet area, all food trays are with food covers
- Curfew within the Province of Cebu: 12 Midnight to 5 AM the following day
- Restaurants shall be allowed to open until 11 PM
Beach activities guidelines:
- Only 50% of the maximum carrying capacity of the beach front area shall be occupied.
- Food and drinks are not allowed on the beach.
- Physical distancing must be followed at the premises and during swimming.
- There shall be a regular sterilization of all rented beach gear and equipment using Ultraviolet Germicidal Light. Instructions on the proper handling and use of sterilizing must be strictly observed.
SUMMARY OF MGCQ GUIDELINES
- Indoor and outdoor activities and exercises such as, but not limited to, walking, jogging, running, biking, golf, swimming, tennis, badminton, equestrian, Zumba, and skateboarding
- Gyms, fitness studios, sports facilities for non-contact sports
- Internet and computer shops, educational support establishments, libraries, archives, and museums (allowed at 50 percent capacity)
- Pet grooming services, travel agencies, tour operators, and other personal care services
- Backriding in motorcycles
- Cross border swimming with no time limit
- Dine-in restaurants, fast food chains, and carenderias (50 percent capacity in open areas, well-ventilated, and installed with an air purification system if airconditioned)
- Public land transportation and public marine transportation (reduced capacity)
- Public air transportation operates within the MGCQ zone
- Religious gatherings (limited to 50 percent capacity)
- Mass gatherings in LGUs only after securing permit from the mayor
- Regular operating hours of banks and other financial institutions
- Work in government offices may be fully operational at the discretion of the local chief executive (LCE).
- Cargos and delivery of essential goods in the Province of Cebu
Here’s the complete Executive Order No. 20-A: