If you’re looking for a scenic mountain resort and won’t mind too much to travel 2-3 hours from the hustle and bustle of the city, read on.
Situated at the high grounds of Argao — overlooking the sea between Bohol and Cebu Islands, the JSJS Mountain Resort is place where it has a pleasant environment and atmosphere — perfect for your comfort, relaxation and rest.
First considered to be just a rest house, it was then converted to an inland mountain resort. Soon after, plans for the developments and improvements in the surrounding area were initiated. Structures like big function halls, hotel rooms, cottages, restaurant and swimming pools with water slides were constructed. With these added features, the rest house turned resort can now cater and accommodate different outdoor and indoor activities and special occasions like weddings, birthday parties, clan reunions, school retreats, team buildings, galas, debuts, boot camps, homecomings, fundraising events, and many more. Exclusive use of the whole resort can also be accommodated.
Rates & Other information
• Dorm Room for 10pax: P4,990 / night
– Bed Configuration: 5 double-decker beds
– Recommended room capacity: 10 persons
– Maximum capacity: 15 persons
– Extra bed charge: P 350.00
– Inclusions: Free entrance fees, 10 breakfast set meals and free use of resort facilities. All rooms have airconditioning system, TV set, water heater, refrigerator, shower and toilet, table and chairs and emergency lighting.
• Standard Room for 4pax: P3,300 / night
• Standard Room for 2pax: P2,000 / night
– Bed Configuration: 1 Queen-size bed and 1 double-decker bed
– Recommended room capacity: 4 persons
– Maximum capacity: 5 persons
– Extra bed charge: P 350.00
– Inclusions: Free entrance fees, 4 breakfast set meals and free use of resort facilities. All rooms have airconditioning system, T.V., water heater, refrigerator, shower and toilet, table and chairs, and emergency lighting.
• Entrance Fees:
– Day Swimming: Adult – P100, Kids – P50
– Night Swimming: Adult – P150, Kids- P75
• Cottages rates: P500, 600, 700, 800, 900, P1,200.
• Function Rooms
– FUNCTION ROOM 1: P5,000 good for 8 hours; maximum of 100 persons (chairs only), maximum of 60 persons (tables and chairs set-up)
– FUNCTION ROOM 2: P10,000 good for 8 hours; maximum of 300 persons (chairs only), maximum of 250 persons (tables and chairs set-up)
* Rates include the free use of projector and sound system.
How to get there?
Exact location: Sito Dob-dob, Talaga, Argao, Cebu 6021
Going on your own with your private vehicle is recommended. The resort is about 15 minutes away from Argao proper. The parking space in JSJS Mountain Resort is wide enough to accommodate 20 to 25 vehicles, convenient for clients who will hold big events in the resort.
The resort also offers shuttle services. Rates are as follows:
• 10 persons – P 1,000.00
• 12 persons – P 1,200.00
– Farthest pick-up and drop off would be to and from Poblacion Argao and Dalaguete.
If you opt to commute, ride a bus via Argao-Dalaguete from the South Bus Terminal near Emall (P85-102 fare). Just tell the driver/conductor to drop you in Prenza, Argao – the eskinita on the way to JSJS. From the crossing, ride a habal-habal or motorbike going to the resort (P50 fare).