Okay, ‘obsessions’ might be too exaggerated but c’mon, who doesn’t love chicken? I mean, I can’t live without it. I already drool by just the smell of it.
With hundreds of restaurants and food stalls/kiosks in the city, it’s really difficult to decide which restaurant has the best chicken dishes especially if it boils down to preference on how it’s cooked. Nevertheless, I want to share with you some of the restaurants or kiosks that serve the one of the best chicken dishes. Aside from the well-known favorite Jollibee Chickenjoy or KFC’s, McDo’s, Mang Inasal’s or whichever is best for you, but here are some other best chicken should try:
Gibb’s Hot Wings
- Price range: P500-600 for 2 people
- Operating hours: 11 AM to 2 PM , 5:30 PM to 10 PM
- Location: 2/F Streetscape, Paseo Saturnino, Ma. Luisa Road, Banilad, Cebu
Want it the spicy way? Gibb’s Hot Wings has got it for you in 5 levels! One of the best chicken recipe with its flavorful sauce, Gibb’s is a must try! If you’re not a fan of spicy food, don’t worry because they also serve different yet still satisfying chicken dishes.
- Price range: P200 for 2 people
- Operating hours: 8 AM to 7 PM
- Location: Don Jose Avila Street, Capitol Site (beside Cebu Doctors Hospital)
If you’re on ‘tingbits´ or in search of a daily go-to-lunch place, then this is the best place for crispy fried chicken. Tagala Chicken was touted as the Best Fried chicken by Sunstar’s Best Of Cebu 2015. The best part? Its affordable price and its tasty sauce!
- Price range: P200 per head, unlimited
- Operating hours: 10 AM to 10 PM
- (1) Location: Ground Floor, Tsai Hotel, Wilson Street, Lahug, Cebu (beside Tsai Hotel)
- (2) Location: Second Floor, Parkmall, Ouano Avenue, Tipolo, Cebu (fronting BIG Hotel)
Can’t get enough of just one plate of chicken? Burrow offers UNLIMITED chicken wings with UNLIMITED rice! Their unli chicken wings have 5 flavors for your big appetite — the Original Fried Chicken, Chili Wings, Mild Teriyaki, Asian BBQ, and Garlic Parmesan. Eating at Burrow is a fulfilling and satisfying experience.
- Price range: P250 for 2 people
- Operating hours: 11 AM to 2 PM, 5 PM to 11 PM
- Location: GAGFA Tower, F. Cabahug Street,Mabolo, Cebu
Probably the best fried chicken deal you can found in Cebu because you can have 6 Japanese fried chicken for just 99 pesos! But the catch is their small bowl of rice which costs Php 60. The price doubles for take-outs. Not for rice eaters but it’s a great deal though.
- Price range: P1,000 for 2 people
- Operating hours: 10 AM to 4 AM
- (1) Location: Cesar’s Foodland Building, Gov. M. Cuenco Avenue, Banilad, Cebu
- (2) Location: 2/F Mango Square, Juana Osmena Street, Kamputhaw, Cebu
If you want it the Korean way, Chosun Chicken is for you! Their chicken is their best food along with other Korean dishes.
- Price range: P200-300 for 2 people
- Operating hours: 5 PM to 12 MN
- (1) Location: 268 Don Mariano Cui Street, Capitol Site, Cebu
- (2) Location: Garden Bloc, IT Park, Lahug, Cebu
- (3) Location: Gaisano Saver’s Mart Parking, Basak, Cebu
If you want it barbequed, Yakski is the best choice! I just can’t get enough of their chicken backbones accompanied by their tasty dipping sauce.
- Price range: P500 for 2 people
- Operating hours: 10 AM to 11 PM
- (1) Location: 2/F The Terraces, Ayala Center Cebu, Cebu Business Park, Cebu
- (2) Location: Lower G/F, SM City Cebu,North Reclamation Area, Cebu
- (3) Location: Lower G/F, Seaview Wing, SM Seaside City Cebu, SRP (South Road Properties), Cebu
You might want to try Bon Chon’s signature chicken in soy & garlic and spicy. It’s very crunchy on the outside and flavorful on the inside.
Chooks-to-go and Tiktilaok
Chooks-to-go and Tiktilaok are probably 2 of the best tasting takeaway chicken inasals in Cebu. Both are really tasty even without the sauce! Juicy and flavorful chicken inasal on the go!
Which one is your favorite? Or did I miss something? Share your thoughts by commenting below.
EXPERIENCE CEBU NOW. Book your trip to Cebu today.